Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Guess who's back, back again?

Justine’s back, tell a friend.
Am I going to be the blogger that starts every post with a song lyric? I just might, whenever possible. And you can bet that I’m singing out loud when I write these things. 
I returned from my family’s 6-day vacation in the beautiful island of Oahu for nine days but I’ve been lagging on a reflection post. Hawaii was wonderful, despite a hives attack that plagued my brother for the second half of the trip and the ten thousand bug bites I obtained during our hike in the rain forest. I can’t really complain, though. Who would complain about being in Hawaii? 
From seeing a grand total of five sea turtles at Laniakea Beach to devouring some Dole Whip at the Dole Plantation to learning about all the Polynesian cultures to indulging in my love of history by visiting the Pearl Harbor museum and U.S.S. Arizona Memorial to swimming in clear ocean water, it was definitely a trip to remember. I’ll post separate reflections soon, I promise.
Other than that, summer has continued to be a mix of spending time with my friends from home and my family, reading, researching, interviewing, and writing for my USA Today College program, reading, sleeping, and catching up on some TV. I also started looking for fall internships.
I can’t believe it’s already the middle of July. I hope everyone is having a relaxed, fun, and safe summer.
Until next time. And I promise I’ll come back with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment