Monday, July 21, 2014

A little note

 This blog and its twin on Blogger are probably my 7th and 8th blogs. But because I'm starting over and because this is my first and hopefully last Wordpress, I wanted to make a little note on what kind of posts you'll find here, just in case you (who am I even talking to?) were wondering. Or maybe it's a reminder to myself.

But anyway, welcome to Just Turn the Paige - a series of blog posts from me, Justine Paige - where you will find:
  • Reflections on life (including events, thoughts, etc.)
  • News of the Day reflections - I did this daily on my 2013 Blogger until I became inactive in the summer. I doubt I'll have the time to do this every day, but I think once a week is a feasible goal for now. Perhaps I'll reach two, three, or maybe even four times a week every now and then. What are NOD posts? I'm a student journalist, but even before I ever got into journalism, I had a NEED to know what was going on in the world. I was the five-year-old that read the San Jose Mercury News (and still do, when I'm home). I love being informed. I'm not going to lie and say I'm thoroughly educated on every single worldly topic at any given time because I'm definitely not, but I sure do try. So an NOD post can also be known as "Here's where Justine talks about big things going on." The number of news events/issues per post depends on that particular day.
  • Entertainment and pop culture: I am a pop culture junkie and an entertainment enthusiast. Posts in this category may be about music, movies, TV shows, famous people, important news and issues in entertainment, etc. I may also review books, movies, TV shows, etc., but they'll most likely be more reflection-like.
  • Opinions. I haven't written an Op-Ed since high school but I'm hoping to change that with the Daily 49er this coming school year. I may not have published an opinion in the last two years, but I sure as heck formulate them. And this is where I'll write them. When I remember.
  • School and career reflections: gotta document my journey of achieving my dreams somewhere.
  • Random thoughts I may have on anything and anyone.
  • Occasional bits of prose and creative writing. I love journalism and writing about the real world, but I fell in love with fiction first.
I'm not limiting myself to just these and of course there may and probably will be more, but I think I covered the basics.

I'll be back later with a reflection on Begin Again, a movie I fell in love with today (well, yesterday), and a post on my Sunday at Pearl Harbor (which was three Sundays ago... oops).

PS: This post didn't begin with a song lyric. An angel is crying somewhere.

UPDATE: I forgot to include that I'll obviously link to stories I've written, other work/websites/portfolios I've created, or perhaps other people's stories that I really enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment