Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Modern-day 'feminist art movement': introducing the Not a Pretty Girl Project

I may not be an official USA Today College summer correspondent anymore, but I made a promise to myself that I would continue to contribute to this awesome news platform.
Promise kept.

Read about a new 'feminist art movement' that Selena Gonzalez, a CSU Monterey Bay student, is spearheading with three friends (also CSUMB students) through her Not a Pretty Girl Project! I greatly enjoyed speaking with Selena and her team. I learned a lot about them and this project and I hope their passion is translated well in my article.

My friend from high school, Sam Albert, was the reason I found out about this project. A special thanks to her for inspiring me to learn more about the NAPGP and for contributing her thoughts to this article! Her poem "Conditional Beauty," was the first film submission the NAPGP received.

You can read my USA Today College story on the Not a Pretty Girl Project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment